The September issue of Shueisha’s Saikyo Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that a new spin-off manga of Masashi Kishimoto’s Naruto will begin in the November issue, which is scheduled to be released on October 3. The spin-off titled Uchiha Sasuke no Sharingan Den (Sasuke Uchiha’s Sharingan Legend) will be drawn by Kenji Taira.
The manga will revolve around Sasuke Uchiha, a user of the Sharingan eye. Although he is usually cool, he also has a humorous side to him.
Just that, basically.
It isn’t REALLY that “Carol looks waaayyy too old for Daryl” which, for the record, she doesn’t. It’s WHO CAROL IS, and equally as important, who DARYL is.
I’ll tell y’all how I know. The people who are against Caryl are divided into two camps, as far as I can tell. Camp 1 just hates the ever living life out of our beloved Queen Peletier. They can’t stand her, think she’s weak, blah blah. They want her GONE, and as soon as possible. Preferably sometime in season 1, if we can swing the time travel. As far as Camp 1 goes, they are beyond me. Moving on.
Camp 2 is pro-B3thyl and against Caryl, but they WILL deign to throw the poor old dear a bone in the form of some other guy. “I think Carol would have been really great with Axel, if he hadn’t died!” they’ll say pityingly. “Or Tyreese, or maybe even Abraham!”
Are you telling me that anyone with a brain in their head and an eye in their socket really, really thinks that Axel, Tyreese, or Abraham are not Daryl’s peers? They’re (like Carol) a few years older than he is, at most. Tyreese looks younger to me, and occasionally even Abraham, depending on the lighting. So.
It’s not really the age difference, is it?
What it is, is the type of characters we’re talking about, and how our culture has taught us to react to them.
Carol’s the mom. The matriarchal figure. (Even though those that hate her think she wasn’t a good one, never, of course, mentioning that Michonne was also a mother whose child died because she trusted the wrong man to watch over/protect that child.) She is past 20, 30, 40. She has short gray hair. And whether anyone wants to admit it or not, therein lies their problem with her. (I’ve talked about it before, so forgive me if I’m reusing sentences, but I really don’t have a LOT of original thoughts. :) )
Michonne, as mentioned, is/was a mother, but that’s not the first thing people think of when she’s mentioned. She is a Warrior type, with her secrecy and her swords, and I’m going to flat out say that if she had killed Karen and David, the fallout would not be nearly as severe.
Because we don’t want to see our matriarchs, those warm nurturing asexual women, kill. Do we? We don’t want to see them make the tough calls. And we certainly don’t want to see them banging the hot badass.
And that’s Daryl. There are LEGIONS of fangirls who proclaim Rick’s hotness, or Tyreese or Glenn, etc. But it is a stone fact that is it Daryl Dixon/Norman Reedus who is the breakout heartthrob of the show. He’s a great character, and I like him, but we all know he slips close to aching cliches at times: the wounded little brother, the redneck, the bad boy, the guy from the wrong side of the tracks…all, of course, with A Heart Of Gold.
And we know how that story goes, don’t we? Sure we do. We know who he ends up with. And it isn’t the mom figure. She may get a little lovin’ from the stern faced older gentleman, but THE hottie out of the whole group?! <gasps all around> Who cares if they’re more or less the same age, have amazing chemistry, and have spent literal years building up to a relationship? She’s the mom! We can’t have that, can we?
And THAT, right there, is the problem. You can admit it or not, but if you’re going to decry Caryl in one breath and throw in Axel or Tyreese as a substitute in your next…come on.
important things to remember as you watch the scene between sandor and arya in the season finale:
- what sandor says to arya is not him actually saying he ever wanted to //tw: rape// sansa, he is saying what he is saying to anger her in order for her to kill him (which as u see has an unfortunate opposite effect)
- a good/painful thing to note from this scene in the book is that as sandor is crying and as he is yelling about how he should have “taken the song” from sansa (which they omitted from the show), he is crying and emotionally overwhelmed by how sad his own life has been thus far, and how everything he has had in his life he has gotten through force, and never because anyone wanted to do it for him out of compassion and kindness
- UNTIL HE MET SANSA STARK, WHO SHOWED HIM JUST THAT
- sansa reached out to sandor willingly, out of the kindness and love from her own heart (yes at first their relationship was rocky but she quickly learned that sandor is simply a broken man searching for light at the end of the bloody tunnel that has been his life)
- sansa is the first and only person who has truly shown her own heart to sandor out of her own will. she showed sandor what it means to love and what it means to be loved and cared about (which you don’t have to take as romantic love, even though i do. call it romantic love, platonic love, compassion, call it what you will! it’s love all the same!!)
- sandor clegane found the light at the end of the tunnel through sansa stark and as he lay dying, he’s crying because he doesn’t believe in himself enough to know that yes, what sansa did was actually out of her own heart
- he’s trying to lessen the pain by internalizing that he ought to have forcefully taken the song from her, he’s essentially doing that thing where you try to make the pain of loss lessen by trying to deny that there had been anything there in the first place
- Please Do Not Call Sandor Clegane A Rapist
- He Is Not A Rapist
- If You Think He Is, Please Unfollow Me And Go Away
GET TO KNOW ME MEME: 1/10 movies » Her (2013)
"Sometimes I think I have felt everything I’m ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I’m not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I’ve already felt."
if you ever want to talk sasukarin I am here for you
judging by the gifs, looks like the animation team fucked up the reunion what else is new